Thank you so so much to Coffeenlucia (Pantomiming) Misscupcakees (A Fairytale World) and Heisui (My Drama Tea) for nominating me! The Liebster Award feels like a big virtual hug bloggers give to each other. 😀
- Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Questions from Coffeenlucia @ Pantomiming:
1. If you could change a drama’s ending, which drama would it be? What would the new ending be?
I have to agree with Misscupcakees there and say A LOT of TVB dramas – oh yeah that Highs and Lows would be a good example! However, a drama I watched SEVEN years ago comes to mind. If it’s been seven years and I still hold a grudge against the ending, then yeah – it needs to be changed. That drama was White Robe of Love. (SPOILER) Half of the drama had Ady An in a coma, and her OTP Dylan Kuo just being all sad waiting for her to wake up. And when she woke up, she had freaking amnesia. Oh and just when she was beginning to remember it all, he had some (I forgot what) disease and like DIED. I was pulling my hair out. The new ending would of course be him staying alive!
2. 5 cool facts about yourself?
My 100th post had five random / rather embarrassing facts about myself. I don’t think those are cool, but hrm…
3. What got you into watching dramas?
I don’t actually remember *hides*. I wouldn’t say I grew up with TVB dramas either because in the VHS era our family didn’t rent them and would just occasionally have friends lent them to us, so we watched maybe 3 or 4 dramas per year. For Taiwanese dramas, I had a friend who was a huge fan of Zai Zai from F4 so she introduced me to them. That was around 2006?
4. What is your favorite drama? And why?
At the moment, it’s In Time with You – although I have only watched it once I still watch clips / BTS stuff at random times. I even have the screenplay! Why? Friends to lovers is a storyline I’ve always loved and of course BOLIN lol.
5. How much time do you devote a day to blogging?
Not much at the moment! Although I would love to spend more time on it and some random ideas pop up at various times of the day. I always underestimate the time it takes to write a post! I do subscribe to other blogs and comment / reply more often than actually writing.
6. How much time do you devote a day to watching dramas?
On a normal workday, probably 2 hours or less. On a weekend, if I’m really ‘into’ a drama it could be A LOT more!
7. If you could create a drama, what would be the plot?
Interesting… Maybe a rom com where I can have hot kissing scenes with three actors of my choice HAHAHA <- JUST KIDDING! Three only? LOOOOL. OK seriously, who wants to watch that? Even I wouldn’t want to.
Well, I once had a fanfic idea where Raymond Lam is a sleazy lawyer and Linda Chung is an ex-drug addict now bar owner with a secret. (I’m not a Raymond/Linda shipper, but anyway.) Probably something about lawyers and perhaps the police (oh wait, that’s like Law & Order… or just a Files of Justice remake!). Speaking of remakes, maybe an Asian version of Jane Austen’s Persuasion because it’s my favourite book. Is there one already? TELL ME if there is!
8. Do you watch dramas by yourself or with other people?
Mostly by myself. My mum loves to watch Come Home Love for some reason and I watch with her sometimes.
9. What’s your favorite food?
Ice cream, chocolate, coffee is my vice, street foods from Hong Kong / Taiwan (Egg waffle x siu mai x rice noodle rolls x fish balls – OMG I can live on these while in HK).
Questions from Misscupcakees @ A Fairytale World:
1. How did you get into blogging about drama?
I think the 100th post has the long answer, but in short, an interest in websites + want to write some sort of blog but don’t want to talk about myself + had some strong feels on dramas I was watching…
2. What is your all-time favourite drama troupe that you can watch over and over again?
I know a lot of people (including me) keep saying ‘oh some drama plots are overused and it’s always the same’ (especially in reference to TVB dramas) but I’m okay with it as long as the leads bring some chemistry into the old formula. Yes, I am rather superficial when choosing dramas but friends becoming something more, or the situation where the male lead is attracted to the beautiful sister at first… then he eventually realised the ‘plain looking’ sister was always there for him etc. (Substitute ‘sister’ with best friend and it also works.)
3. Who is your favourite OTP and why?
I might go out on a limb here and say Raymond Lam x Li Qian in Twin of Brothers. I have watched this series like at least 4 times and each time my heart breaks for these two. Oh, those were the days. So half of the series is crap but I just loved this couple.
(I didn’t say Ariel Lin x Bolin Chen from In Time with You because the latter episodes were rather torturing, and they both annoyed me at one point or another.)
4. Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
I have not finished this drama, but I get the feeling it will be Bolin Chen in Modern People. I reaaaalllyy want to see a Bolin x Ivy Chen pairing and even though they’ve collaborated a few times already, they don’t have a show together where it’s just a normal happy ending.
And because he’s a huge part of my TVB viewing life – Raymond Lam x Myolie Wu in The Drive of Life. My memory of that series shall remain at the point when they got together. OK, so Myolie got Feng Shao Feng in the end but STILL. I think it was exacerbated by the length of the drama? (60 eps in total?)
5. What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
I don’t normally watch MVs, but a few old ones have been stuck on my mind for years already…
Leehom Wang’s Ai Cuo (愛錯) – A lot of topless Leehom AND sweating it out in a boxing match against Vanness Wu. I’m sorry, who wouldn’t want to watch that? Oh, and I love the song.
Nicholas Tse’s Mo Sing Fong Yau Sing (無聲仿有聲) – I don’t know the exact reason why this song stuck with me for so many years, but there is kinda a story in the MV (and advertisement). At the time a lot of people (including me) doubted Nic Tse’s creditibility in the entertainment industry and I guess after this song, I took more notice of him.
Jay Chou’s Ge Qian (擱淺) – Jay Chou had a lot of good MVs over the years but I think this one stuck in my mind because – well, loving the song is a prerequisite but also, for a very long time I didn’t understand the ending. I thought she died! (Maybe it’s because at KTV the ending got cut off lol.)
6. What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
Three Kingdoms RPG. Men with no shadows. My Sister of Eternal Flower. The Raymond Lam triple crapness. Please erase them from my memory. OK, if I have to pick one it has to be Three Kingdoms RPG.
7. Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
I think we can refine that sleazy lawyer x reformed drug addict idea above and turn it into poor girl / rich guy. Since as a sleazy lawyer he would only take cases from the rich and as someone struggling with a drug addiction she’s trying to put her life together. There’ll be some kind of trial where he exposes her dark secrets in open court. But he will come to regret it as he eventually falls in love with her.
Or that adaptation of Persuasion. That would work!
8. Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
This is actually hard because I think my favourites are all based around a certain quality about them. eg. I like their voice, or they’re the most charming when talking about a specific topic etc… Although a recent pic of Bolin Chen (see below) would fit this criteria. But if we’re talking about guys who I have only seen in photos and nothing else, but still I can just stare at their picture because they’re that beautiful? Probably Rhydian Vaughan. Gees I have never seen any of his works but I always pause when I see his pics LOL. I need to watch something with him in it! Suggestions?
9. What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
Full time Accountant, Part time fangirl.
10. What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside?
Most of Europe? Since I only went to a few places in my last trip. eg. Sweden!
New York – because of a certain TV show I have to go there at least once.
Taiwan – I have only been to Taipei so it would be great if I get to explore the rest of the island and stalk some stars go to a 100% Entertainment recording has always been a wish of mine!
I currently reside in a place some people call BrisVegas, Australia LOL.
Questions from Heisui @ My Drama Tea:
1. What was your favorite drama of 2013 and why?
So…is this a drama I watched in 2013 or a drama released in 2013? If it’s released in 2013 – it’s probably A GOOD WIFE! One more episode to go! Reason – I probably watch a lot of dramas for superficial reasons and end up rather embarrassed to admit I watched them. But of course A Good Wife was NOT like that! It’s a drama I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to everyone. It’s intense, thought provoking, somewhat unconventional and up until now I still can’t find myself supporting one side over another. Plus the soundtrack of course. 🙂
2. What are your top two bromances?
Can this be real life people?! Because I can think of three off the top of my head – Bolin Chen and Jaycee Chan – evidence – (I may not like JC all that much but seriously, these two openly admit that if the other is a girl, they would be together. Or they talked about having kids at the same time because then if Bolin has a daughter and JC has a son, they can marry each other and become a ‘family’. LOL.) Also Show Lo and Will Pan – evidence – these two had some silly duels on Instagram which are just too funny. Finally – Peter Ho and Dylan Kuo. Dylan fell in love with Peter’s… gym equipment the first time they met. They were in a remote location filming a drama and Peter brought weights to keep in shape. Brothers ever since LOL.
3. Are there any actors or actresses that have become one of your new biases/favorites lately?
Probably Sonia Sui and Ivy Chen! Girl crushes!!
4. Favorite screencap, still, poster, etc. lately?
Oh can I use this as an excuse to post a Bolin picture? YES I will seize this opportunity. This Vogue photoshoot is <3.
Actually, I was making some screencaps from A Time of Love and really loved the way James was looking at Kate… (top left), but I loved the whole scene at the carousel so I’m included this set…
5. What character(s) are you similar to, or what character(s) do you relate to the most?
This is hard because I don’t think I’ve ever found any character I can truly relate to? There’re always ‘elements’ here and there, the situations a character goes through, the way a character responds to something… I would love to be as kickass as say, Jane Rizzoli from Rizzoli and Isles!
6. List one new year’s resolution for 2014.
Since I keep reading that sitting for prolonged periods of time is so bad for you (how it decreases your life expectancy, high chance of heart attacks etc), and my day usually consists of working in front of a computer (sitting), watching dramas (also sitting) and surfing the internet / blogging (sitting again) – I would like to be more active in 2014. Like, get off my lazy ass and exercise more.
7. What country are you from or what country are you living in currently?
Hong Kong –> Australia 🙂
8. Himono-onna or suteki-joshi?
Based on the definition over at the Urban Dictionary, I’m going to say Himono-onna LOL. Just because that seems more interesting on paper.
9. What is another one of your guilty pleasures? (besides dramas )
Pretending I know a lot about the game of tennis while I really just watch it for the good looking men battle it out on court? This is the reason I don’t watch women’s tennis, unless I’m waiting to see the next match HAHAHA.
10. How would you like to be remembered in the blogosphere?
I wish I have something intelligent to say here but I don’t. 😛
11. What is your favorite theme song?
Raymond Lam’s Forget Pain from Survivor’s Law. Nostalgia.
Since I’m such a rebel, I will also change up the rules a little bit and nominate 5 + 3 (those who nominated me! HA!) bloggers with 5 questions, just to keep things simple. Plus I’m also breaking that less than 200 followers rule. 😛
1. Your least favourite aspect of blogging?
2. Favourite Character forever and why?
3. Your five drama recommendations? (can be from any country!)
4. Your new production company has just been established and you are producing your first drama. What genre will it be (eg. modern rom-rom, wuxia, palace drama, police drama etc)? Who will be your lead actor, lead actress and second lead? (sorry that’s like four questions in one!)
5. Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray or Novak Djokovic?